Morris F. DeCastro Fellowship
The Morris F. DeCastro Fellowship offers up to $45,000 for one year and is available only to active Virgin Islands Government Employees.
- Be a bonafide resident of the Virgin Islands.
- Be an employee or official in active service of the Government of the Virgin Islands at the time of application.
- Have made an outstanding contribution during the preceding year.
- Be accepted by an Institution of higher learning.
- Be nominated by either the Governor of the Virgin Islands, President of the Legislature, the Presiding Judge of the District/Superior/Supreme Courts, The Administrator of St. John or the head of the applicant's department.
- Recipient must be granted a year leave of absence from the agency head of their Virgin Islands government employer.
Number of Fellowship
- One for the District of St. Thomas-St. John.
- One for the District of St. Croix.
Duration of Fellowship
- One (1) year
Procedure For Applying
- Submit a letter of application to the Morris F. DeCastro Board, Chairman of the Virgin Islands Boards of Education
- Between January 1st – April 20th of each year
Source of Fellowship
- Virgin Islands Boards of Education
- Virgin Islands Government