FOR IMMEDIATE PRESS RELEASE (No. 13-2019)
VIRGIN ISLANDS BOARD OF EDUCATION
AWARDS REHENIA A. GABRIEL SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
Dr. Rehenia A. Gabriel was an outstanding educator in our public-school system. Her Scholarship was established in 2016 to be administered by the Virgin Islands Board of Education for the purpose of providing scholarship grants to students pursuing undergraduate or graduate degrees in the fields of Guidance Counseling, School Counseling, School Social Work and Psychology with a GPA of 3.00 or above.
The Virgin Islands Board of Education announce the Rehenia A. Gabriel Scholarship recipients for the 2019-2020 academic school year:
• Makeba Doriva Psychology Stetson University
• Andre Benjamin Psychology Washington Adventist University
• Elisabeth Leerdam Psychology University of the Virgin Islands
• Renise Williams Psychology Alabama A&M University
• Jalen Roper Psychology University of the Virgin Islands
• Addis Miller Psychology LaRoche College
Each recipient was awarded a scholarship grant of $5,000.00 for one year.